GCF: An Introduction
Founded in 1999, the Global Certification Forum (GCF) was set up in response to regulatory changes in the European Union in order to give operators confidence in the inter-working of new mobile devices as technology and market growth spiralled.
GCF has 5 stated key objectives:
1) To maintain and strengthen the current scope of GCF and its robust and respected GCF Certification regime.
2) To provide a platform for the harmonization of test requirements with the aim of avoiding duplication of testing
3) To enable the certification of all devices that include 3GPP Radio Technologies
4) To promote the certification of all devices irrespective of the distribution channel
5) To ensure GCF Certification is open to other areas of mutual benefit to GCF Members and the industry.
-Global Certification Forum Ltd
GCF: An explanation
So what does that really mean? GCF promotes cooperation between its membership of network operators and mobile device manufacturers- this in turn ensures networks and mobile devices work together as expected, which is in the best interests of the industry. Third-party test houses, such as TesTime, make up the rest of the membership and provide certification in line with the agreed parameters set by the GCF ensuring independent validation by qualified and expert companies.
TesTime has been a member of GCF right since its inception in 1999 and participate actively in the Steering Group and Field Trial Agreement Groups. We are the only GCF Founder Member in Asia offering field trials and have a direct involvement in defining the future of the industry as new technologies emerge.
We pride ourselves on reliability and a consistent up-to-date knowledge of the GCF certification process. With a network of accredited test laboratory partners and field trial test engineers strategically located around the globe, and key staff with an expert knowledge of GCF certification, you can be sure you are in good hands throughout the process.
TesTime GCF certification services
TesTime offers extensive interoperability tests following GCF specifications:
- GCF certification testing package
- Conformance testing
- Application enabler and interoperability testing
- Field trial testing
- Interoperability and Conformance tests in qualified laboratories
- Field trials as per all required real-life network scenarios
- Application Enabler tests
- Consulting on GCF certification
- Consulting on technical documentation
Want to know more about GCF and its policies and procedures? Take a look at our additional information pages here.